We are excited to announce that Blue Planet took over management of the Tropical Rush store in Haleiwa. It all happened quickly and was somewhat unexpected although in a way it has been a long time coming. Tropical Rush has carried Blue Planet goods since 1994 and Blue Planet founder Robert Stehlik always loved the location. He joked with the owners, Glen and Cecilia Lane: “When you are ready to retire- call me!”. He got the call 27 years later and they wanted to get out in a hurry. We made it happen in 30 days and are still in the process of renovating, setting everything up, and transitioning the operations to Blue Planet management, please follow our progress here on YouTube or come visit our beautiful new location.
We started a new business to provide rentals and tours called Blue Planet Adventure Company, it is a completely separate entity from Blue Planet Surf Gear for liability and insurance reasons.
- SUP, surfboard, and Kayak rentals, 2 hours minimum.
Haleiwa River Paddle Tour
- Guided tour with one of our certified instructors.
- The ratio of no more than 6 participants per guide.
- Exclusive access to our private launch area with a hot shower, secure storage, and wifi.
- Learn about the rich history of Haleiwa from early Hawaiian settlements and the Haleiwa Hotel opened in 1899.
- Learn proper paddle technique from our expert guides.
- Use of our high-quality Stand Up Paddleboard and Kayak gear and safety equipment.
- We can accommodate one special needs participant per instructor. (to sit in two person kayak with guide)
Please bring: towel, sunscreen
- Limted availability, please book in advance.
- Easy paperless online booking process.